Rat removal & control services
Rats are a particularly troublesome pest, as they carry more severe health risks, commonly spreading diseases and parasites, which are carried in their droppings, hair and urine and that are easily transferred to humans. They also bite, so if you see one, you should never attempt to touch or catch it - call in the professionals. Rats are extremely agile and resourceful, and can enter you property through a variety of means and spaces; they can squeeze through surprisingly small spaces, and will chew through all manner of materials to gain access to your property, so measures should always be put in place to deter them:
- - Rats eat anything, so always store food above ground level in tightly sealed metal or glass containers
- - Get rid of all food waste quickly from all indoor areas, paying particular attention to the floor, and not forgetting pet food.
- - Store rubbish outside, ideally in metal bins with tight fitting lids. Don’t keep food waste in the garden, and do not add organic food waste to compost.
- - Clutter provides rats with convenient hiding places, so keep your property tidy, both inside and out. This will also make it easier to quickly identify an infestation.
- - Rats are attracted to cardboard, so if you are storing anything, use plastic boxes
Rats are nocturnal, so sightings are unlikely; however, if you suspect that you have a rat problem, there are several things that you can look out for:
- - Droppings - these will be the size of a grain of rice, and dark brown, and will likely be concentrated in particular areas.
- - Bite marks - rats like chewing on objects to blunt their sharp teeth, so you should spot bite marks in furniture, pieces of wood, and even concrete.
- - Paw prints - test for rats by scattering some flour on the ground in the evening, and look for prints the next morning.
- - Listen out for signs of rats moving around under floorboards or behind the walls at night.
If you find out that you do have rats, then give us a call. We offer both extermination and proofing services, so once we’ve got rid of your rats we can also help to make sure they don’t come back. We use a range of extermination techniques, including traps and poisons. As part of the process we carry out a comprehensive review to find all the possible entry points rats could be using to enter your property, which we can then block up with rat-proof materials.
Call us on : 020 8857 4237