Moth removal & control services
Moths are a household terror. As well as the dreaded clothes and carpet moths, the lavae of which eat and damage fabric and textiles, most commonly clothes, curtains and carpets, there are also food or ‘pantry’ moths, and white-shouldered house moths, the lavae of which eat foodstuffs stored in kitchen cupboards, pantries and larders. Different kinds of moths cause slightly different damage, due to their various material preferences; for instance, brown house moth lavae are attracted to animal-based materials, e.g. leather, fur and feathers. An infestation of any type of moth will be apparent, due to the damage they will have caused, and they are also very visible and noticeable, particularly in the evenings if the lights are on.
To avoid costly and frustrating damage to your possessions, you should take steps to eradicate them. There are a number of different ways of tackling a moth infestation, and a professional will be able to provide you with a specially targeted solution. Available moth treatment options include:
- - Targeted ph neutral insecticide spray treatment / chemical treatment (although not effective on eggs or lavae)
- - Pesticide-free heat treatments
- - Controlled Atmosphere Technology (CAT) treatment (especially good for delicate or fragile textiles)
- - Steam treatment (best for infestations of clothing/textiles)
- - Freeze treatment (also good for clothing/fabric, as it doesn’t damage the material)
Heat treatment is most effective, and provides instant results, as it eradicates all moths at all stages of the lifecycle.
Call us on : 020 8857 4237